Day 31-Finding Enjoyment in Finishing

I did it!  For 31 consecutive days I posted something on the topic of enjoyment.  I can't believe that one whole month has past, and this is over as quickly as it began. 

I confess when I started this, I really wasn't confident that-

1. I would find 31 things to post and 
2. That I would actually post for 31 days.

When I started, I was most inspired by what I had been reading in the book of Ecclesiastes, and I thought my posts would take a more spiritual tone, sort of unpacking what the Lord showed me in that book.  Maybe, if you know me, that's what you expected, and instead you got a lot of ramblings about food and other things.  Sorry, but I hope you enjoyed it. 

I have really enjoyed pondering enjoyment this past month.  It started out easy, got harder, and even in that, I found an enjoyment in the challenge.  In the ruthless editing.  If you think what you got wasn't very good, you should have read what I deleted.  

And now, I would challenge you.  Take the next thirty days.  Write one line. Write until your hand cramps.  Post it on a blog.  Write it on a post-it.  Whatever.  But take the next thirty days to make a point to think intentionally about something, one thing, and write it down.  I know God has been bringing something to your mind, something He wants you to learn, or experience, or let Him do in your life.  Write it down.  

It's a bit of an act of faith to put into writing what God puts on your heart.  Let Him have His way.  Then, and only then, will you really find....

Enjoyment.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Another Hectic Holiday Post

Still Tasty

On Eating and Sleeping