Day 10- A Little Light Reading

This is what my nightstand looks like most of the time.  There is always a Bible or two, and a variety of books I'm meandering through for various purposes.  Some of what I'm reading is usually for the purpose of previewing product for our church resource ministry.  Sometimes I'm going through a book with somebody or I've been asked to look at it to make sure it lines up with scripture.  Some of what is there I'm reading because I want to and in all of my reading, I'm enjoying it.   
I have been an avid reader since I could hold a book, but I realize many people are not.  You probably are because you are reading a blog, which is longer than a tweet, so you must be okay with more than 125 characters.  I used to read a lot of fiction, which I rarely do now, and I have always loved a book that I could learn from.  

In the fall of 2011, most of what I enjoyed in life went into hibernation, like a sleepy bear getting drowsier and drowsier until one day it was in a dead sleep.  I didn't realize it then, once I realized it was not present in my life I thought it had simply died.  Instead of a single winter seasons of sleep, this hibernation lasted until spring of 2013.  Then slowly, and sometimes grumpily, enjoyment began to wake up.  

As fall approaches again, while my love of flip flops abates as the days get chillier, my enjoyment in a book seems more awake than ever.  Since I took this picture the stack has changed and grown, and it is the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning.  I start my day with an anticipation of enjoyment.  Isn't it good to wake up? 

Don't despair if you seem to have lost your joy....it only slumbers until God awakes it for a new season of fruitfulness and joy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Another Hectic Holiday Post

On Eating and Sleeping

Still Tasty