Get With the Flow

So here I am, having my daily dose of Chamber's, when I hit this little gem...
"The one true mark of a saint of God is the inner creativity that flows from being totally surrendered to Jesus Christ. In the life of a saint there is this amazing Well, which is a continual Source of original life. The Spirit of God is a Well of water springing up perpetually fresh. A saint realizes that it is God who engineers his circumstances; consequently there are no complaints, only unrestrained surrender to Jesus. Never try to make your experience a principle for others, but allow God to be as creative and original with others as He is with you."

Here's where this totally rocks. I was just talking with a gal who thinks she is in a difficult situation. She thinks anyone who enters into a similar situation will find it as difficult. Because it is. In her experience.

I have been in her situation-it was a blast. I had a few rough days, but by and large my experience was great. Now here's the contradiction: she would give you four hundred reasons why my situation was different and therefore not difficult, but should you say "I'm thinking of entering into the situation" she would give you four hundred reasons why your experience will be just like hers. *What*!

In reality, she is having difficulties, like we all do, with the way that God has chosen to work in and through her life. It's one thing to say that God is in control and has allowed something but it's another to submit to it. My pastor calls this the need for our theology to meet our reality.

I dig this thought-look at it again, "inner creativity that flows from being totally surrendered to Jesus Christ. In the life of a saint there is this amazing Well, which is a continual Source of original life. The Spirit of God is a Well of water springing up perpetually fresh". Next to John 3:16 I think one of the most memorized Bible verses is Proverbs 3:5,6-you know, the whole trust in the Lord/lean not on your own understanding thing. See, even I remember it. Yet I am stunned think how often I live in complete contradiction to this, quenching the creative flow because I am not leaning on my own understanding, I'm fighting for it. My experience has become a principle, the way it is for me and will be for everyone else.

Dude, it's grace. His grace is what comes from that endless well, poured out by the Spirit in whatever your situation is. Don't let the excuse of "difficult" cap that well, and don't be the cap on anyone else's well.

"But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Another Hectic Holiday Post

Still Tasty

On Eating and Sleeping