LOL

Our pastor recently included a bunch of slang terms and their definitions in a study (do you still call it slang or is there a new word for that, too?). I still use a bunch of old ones like dig it, chick, and rocks. My daughter, Muffin, and I decided that we dig "boss" and want to bring it back. I have no understanding of the current text abbreviations, except LOL which I hope really means laughing out loud and some mean kid didn't snow me on it's true meaning.

I have a laugh you can hear down the street-sorry. If something strikes me as funny, and most things do whether you intend them to or not, you definitely know what I thought about it. I have a friend who is a snorter, it doesn't take much for her to rip a good snort when she laughs. I snort as well, but usually in sarcastic derision. I am not known for having a poker face, so the concept of having to tell someone what my reaction is (LOL) is totally foreign.

I read a variety of blogs, and this morning I read something that really struck me. Lately I have run across the statement by some Christian that goes something like this-"I don't want to be known for what I am against." I get the deeper philosophical-bone-chewing point behind this statement, but I'm just telling you I don't have a problem telling you what I'm against.

I do agree though, that since Jesus said people would know us by our love for one another we should take seriously the charge to reveal to the world and each other what we are for. And what we are for is not often reflected by joyous, rockin', fist pumpin', shout out kind of love. I thought what this guy said regarding Psalm 126 was boss-

Psalm 126:1-2 "When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion, we were like men who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them."

"Wow, that is sick. They were like men who dreamed. Their mouths were filled with laughter. When is the last time you heard a non-Christian say, "I'm not a Christian but you have to admit they sure do laugh more than anyone I know. The church is so full of laughter." I've never heard that."

So go ahead and snort. Laugh out loud enough that someone doesn't need you to text your reaction. Let those around you say "Dude, their God has totally hooked them up".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Another Hectic Holiday Post

Still Tasty

On Eating and Sleeping