Come Away My Beloved

I just started to re-read the devotional classic, "Come Away My Beloved". Written from the perspective of God speaking to us, it takes the focus off our petitions and causes us to remember that we are already the recipients of more than we deserve or could ever think to ask.

"Wisdom and knowledge will be the stability of your times, and the strength of salvation. Isaiah 33:6"

O My beloved, abide under the shelter of the lattice for I have betrothed you to Myself, and though you are sometimes indifferent toward Me, My love for you is at all times as flame of fire. My ardor never cools. My longing for your love and affection is deep and constant.

Tarry not for an opportunity to have more time to be alone with Me. Take it, though you leave the tasks at hand. Nothing will suffer. Things are of less importance than you think. Our time together is like a garden full of flowers, whereas the time you give to things is as a field full of stubble.

I love you, and if you can always, as it were, feel My pulse beat, you will receive insight that will give you sustaining strength. I bore your sins and I wish to carry your burdens. You may take the gift of a light and merry heart, for my love dispels all fear and is a cure for every ill. Lay your head upon My breast and lose yourself in Me. You will experience resurrection life and peace; the joy of the Lord will become your strength; and wells of salvation will be opened within you (see Song of Solomon 2:9-13).

Take time to read Song of Solomon 2, and stop to marvel at what God is saying to you in verse 14.
"O my dove, in the clefts of the rock, In the secret places of the cliff,
Let me see your face,
Let me hear your voice;
For your voice is sweet,
and your face is lovely,"

But You are lovelier still, Lord.

Comments

What We Believe said…
Hi Maryanne,
Just wanted to stop by and say hello to you. I recognize everyone else that has posted recently on my blog, but your name was new.

Have we met. Sorry if "yes", glad to meet you if "no".

I saw that you wrote about Bill Ritchie. Are you in the great N.W.?

Looking forward to perusing your sights.

Blessings...

Bill Walden
MaryAnne Hommel said…
Hey Bill,
We are in So Cal, CC Vista to be exact. I found you over on the SMP and was glad to see you have your own blog. Your posts are always balm to the soul and very often the voice of reason!
What We Believe said…
Hey Maryanne,
Thanks for I.D.ing youself. It's nice to meet folks.

Greetings to Pastor Rob, and Howard.

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Blessings...

Popular posts from this blog

Not Another Hectic Holiday Post

Still Tasty

On Eating and Sleeping